The error I was getting was a popup dialog that would show up when I first launched my my site. The contents of the error was – “Cannot get user account information: Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’. The status text of response is ‘System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException'” or “Cannot get user accounn information: Unexpected response from the server: The status code of response is ‘403’. The status text of response is ‘FORBIDDEN’.”
If I canceled the error, and everything seemed to load fine, however, when I would navigate to a different page within the MySite it would popup again. I was able to grab a screen shot of the 403 error. The 500 error was very similar.
So, if you’re getting this error on to the important part…the fix.
I can’t take full credit for this solution as I solved it based on the answer found here – http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/68100/news-feed-sharepoint-2013.
The only issue I had was the permissions on the User Profile Service. So, here are my steps.
- Open up Central Administration
- Navigate to Services on Server
- Selected the User Profile Service Application (don’t open it)
- Click “Permissions” in the ribbon
- Add the service account running the application pool you are using for your Distributed Cache (in my instance I only have one service account for all my service applications) and grant it Full Control
If you still have issues you may want to check the hidden feature mentioned above too. If you’re experiencing this trouble on My Sites this feature should already be activated. The ID of the Feature to try activating is: “6928B0E5-5707-46a1-AE16-D6E52522D52B”