I promised a post once I get the infrastructure update installed, so here it is. I actually built a brand new environment to get it all up and going. My current test/development environment is now running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition (x64), SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition (x64) and MOSS SP1 with Infrastructure Update (x64). I also have SQL 2008 RC0 installed, although I’m not using it for anything right now.
The Infrastructure update was nice and simple. I downloaded the x64 MOSS Infrastructure update, ran the installer and reran the SharePoint configuration wizard. Everything went off without a hitch. So far I haven’t discovered any bugs, although I haven’t played with the update too much yet. I had seen some posts about problems with AAM, however, I have yet to find them. I have one web application running with an internal URL and that is extended to an external URL. So far no problems accessing either one. Any bugs or problems I discover with the infrastructure update I’ll post as soon as I find them.
Currently I’m using my external URL simply so I can get to my server when I’m not in the office, however, I may expand it to contain other materials. I will keep you all updated if I decided to take it further.