Hardware/Drivers that Worked
– MacBook Pro, everything but audio…I’m still working on that
– I got my audio working thanks to a comment on this site: http://www.gearlog.com/2008/11/windows_7_on_a_macbook_pro.php. The comment is by Shannon and is near the bottom of the page at the time of writing this. The short story is you need to install RealTek HD Audio Codecs Driver 2.09 in Vista compatibility mode and running setup.exe as administrator. Shannon listed more detailed steps.
– HP LaserJet 1012 (used the 1015 drivers), was flagged as needing troubleshooting, but it installed and printed a test page fine.
– Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
– Dell 2408WFP
– Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse
– Sprint SmartView Sierra Compass 597, I had to install the SmartView Application and then manual go in and install the drivers from device manager. The drivers are in C:Program Files (x86)SprintSprint SmartViewSierraPackageDrivers for a 64 bit OS.
– Epson Perfection V200 Scanner. Again, the drivers didn’t automatically install, but I could go in and manually install them from C:Program Files (x86)epsonescndves007a and everything works just fine.
Software Installed and Working
– Office 2007 Enterprise
– Live Essentials
– Ardfry DNG Codec
– Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.2
– Adobe Reader 9
– LOGOS Bible Software
– iTunes 8.0.2
– Live Sync
– Live Mesh (appeared to disable Aero – this may be fixed after a restart). I finally got around to a reboot. This didn’t solve the problem. For now Live Mesh is uninstalled and I am getting by using Live Sync to keep my files updated between desktop and laptop. I haven’t used the online desktop enough yet. I’ll keep working on this problem.
– SnagIt 8.2.3
– WinRar 3.80
– DivX 7
– Nero 8
– VMWare Workstation 6.5
– Picasa 3
– Age of Empires III (with War Chiefs Expansion)
Software that Didn’t Install or Work
– Daemon Tools
– Cute PDF Writer
I’ll continue to edit/update this list as I install more software and play more with Vista. But for now it’s bedtime.